8 January 2015

Kirstenbosch Summer Concerts: Oliver Mtukudzi

Hi guys. I hope you all had a safe & festive holiday filled with love & fun. I was blessed with an abundance of laughter & fun these holidays. I travelled & lot & will share some of those pics later. Last year before I went on holiday I attended one of the concerts at the Kirstenbosch botanical gardens. I am a huge fan of Oliver Mtukudzi from Zimbabwe & I could not miss the chance to hear him play live. He was truly incredible & I was mesmerized by his performance.

There are many more concerts still to come until April. For someone who has not attended the concerts here are some few tips
1)    Arrive on time as the concerts start on time & are short so you don’t want to miss out.
2)    Pack a picnic basket to avoid being hungry & buying food at the last minute. You are also allowed to bring alcoholic drinks of your choice.
3)    Pack a blanket to sit on as you don’t want to overshadow other people behind you with camp chairs as most people sit on blankets on the ground.
4)    Pack a sweater on light jacket, its Cape Town after all. Surprise rain might juts bless you & it’s under a mountain & it gets chilly in the afternoon.
5)    It’s a family friendly venue where you can take kids so it’s a good idea to take the little ones because there are other kids there to play with & make new friends.

I went with the boyfriend & we had lots of fun. For a light meal we had some salads & a recipe of chicken wings I got from Jaime Oliver’s website of chicken wings. I adapted it a bit to my liking. I would recommend this for a relaxed feel after the hectic festive season. It’s a great place to go with family & friends. Hopefully we will see each other on the 22 March for Beatenberg & Gangs of ballet. See you there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *