13 February 2015

Friday Feature: Taiye Selasi

Hi Guys. This Friday I am writing about one of my passions, literature. I love African literature & stories of the people of this continent. Taiye Selasi is my focus for both fashion & literary reasons this friday. 

British born, Boston Raised & lives in New York, New Delhi & Rome. She has this forest of hair that makes me love her even more. Taiye Selasi is a novelist (albeit not boxing her to the title) who wrote her first published novel Ghana Must Go in 2013. I came across Selasi while on a fashion website & I loved this lady wearing this orange jumpsuit. I immediately thought I wanted something like that. While looking at the site I came across the fact that she was a published author. I knew I wanted to read a book from some-one that in touch with their sense of style. I figured, if she dresses that well, I trust her writing skills as well.

Ghana must go is based on a Ghanaian-Nigerian family living abroad who are separated by circumstances. The father in the family dies while living in Ghana & now the children hear of the news & they must deal with their father’s death. I know that summary is not even literary but I am not a book reviewer, I read what I like. I would recommend you get book, currently retailing at Exclusive Books. I am always for supporting African stories, whether written from abroad or based on what, they tell your story, they tell my story.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *