11 February 2015

1st SA Mens Wear Week


Hi Guys. So last week the V&A Waterfront hosted the first ever SA fashion week that was sorely dedicated to menswear. The shows were held in the breakwater basement parking. I saw the announcement weeks back about Mens wear week & I immediately set a reminder to buy tickets the minute they came out. I love fashion weeks all over the world.

The show that stole hearts was that of Chu Suwannapha, from his label Chulaap. He is famously known as the King of Prints & he is the fashion director for YOU & Huisgenoot Magazines. Chu’s show is one of those shows that encourage me to attend fashion weeks because he made me excited & he showed so much creativity in his work. He is known for loving prints & no surprises that he mastered a collection of such fun & wearable prints. I loved the coats & the Japanese inspired cardis. I see myself wearing something from his collection definitely. I hope he sells to a larger audience, I wouldn't mind spending a bit more on one of those.

If you haven’t been to fashion week or attended a show before, I would say do it. It’s a great way to mingle & honestly when surrounded by that many well-dressed people it inspires you so much. Tickets sell out very fast so be sure to note when shows are taking place & grab the tickets the minute they go on sale. I wore my favourite vintage blouse with levis shorts I  got from a laundry bin. Shoes are from Zara, got them on their January sale & the bag was thrifted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *