29 January 2015

DIY High Waist Bikini

Hi guys. I don't know about you but I love the beach. I grew up in central Eastern Cape where I lived & never travelled until I was in high school & saw the ocean for the first time. I don't remember how it felt when I finally met one of Gods greatest creations but all I know is I love it now.
 As a beach “babe” I have a variety of swimwear. They all vary with my body & how I feel at that time. I never have stable weight. I am just fat in December because truth be told I refuse to exercise in December, I just won’t. This past December I needed a high waist bikini. I saw lovely ones I could not afford. So the idea came to me to make my own. I had a one piece that would be perfect for this.

You will need:
A one piece swimsuit,
A pair of scissors
Sewing pins
Elastic gutter to use as a waistband
Very good hand stitching skills or a sewing machine

To make: Measure to the length of how high you want it to be. Then cut a centime above that. Using the pins place the elastic gutter along the waistline. Fold over to the inside & sew along the line. For the top cut the straps or keep them if you like (it’s yours after all). Then fold over the bottom edge of the bikini top & ooh la la, you now have a high waisted bikini. Enjoy.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *