2 September 2015

Loza Maléombho/ Spring

Hi guys. Spring has sprung (kind of). Living in Cape Town we are always behind when heading into the Sunnier Seasons. I am excited for this year as I am looking forward to fun in the sun with family and friends. I am especially excited as I bought and designed quite a few bright items for the season and I am looking forward to taking more risks with my style.

So about this look, I pre-posted this look on my instagram feed @dineostyled and I got tons of questions about these gladiators. Believe me I know exactly how you feel as I went through the exact same feeling when I first saw them. The sandals are from Designer Loza Maléombho. She is an Ivory Coast born New York living designer. Check her site here. I first saw these sandals on a street style post and I researched up and down until I found out who the designer was. When I realized they were sold in New York, I was stuck on how I would get them. I then sent money to a friend who lives abroad to buy them for me. They finally arrived 2,5 months later. It was a long process but they were worth it.

One thing I would advise on is to be careful when shopping online especially internationally.
1)    Consider the Rand exchange rate of what you are buying at that time.
2)    Consider if you are buying from a trusted brand and you can track and trace your order.
3)    Be sure of the items you are buying. It’s one thing to see something online and receive the complete opposite.
4)    Set-up a paypal account which is accepted by most countries and can be separate from your bank account.
5)    Consult your bank if you are not sure who you are paying and see if they are able to help.
6)    Big Brother SARS will charge customs fees, be prepared for these fees as well.
7)    If you know & trust someone living e.g. in the USA and coming home anytime soon, send them the money and they buy for you. When I lived there shipping was most times free or very cheap. This will eliminate Big Brother SARS on your case.
All in all be careful when spending money online and buy carefully.

I paired the sandals with this dress from Mr Price and the Clutch bag is my own design.

MWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *