23 September 2015

The duodesk For Sunglass Hut/ Punk Avant Garde

Hi guys. I had such a great Monday this week. Theduodesk ala Crystal Kasper & Palesa Mahlaba were in town for the Sunglass hut Punk Avant Garde talk. If you don’t know who Palesa & Crystal are, well here is a quickie. They are the brains behind #theduodesk. Crystal is a very well established fashion blogger & stylist, check her site here. Palesa is a former True Love fashion editor & stylist. Both are well known faces in the industry and the turn heads wherever they go.

Crystal & Palesa teamed up with Sunglass hut to give a talk on the avant garde trend. Crystal explains the trend and its background on her blog here. In summary from what I got, the trend was started as a fashion rebellion by individuals who wanted a different identity and thus the punk inspired trend took off. To date the trend has been transformed and the duodesk emphasized that it’s all about making it your own. Take it in your stride and personalize the trend. Please don’t conform. Of course one key piece to have to tie the look together and give it the ultimate cool is a pair of sunglasses. The right pair of sunnies just pulls a look together and can transform your entire look.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself & made a new friend, which is always hard for me. I follow both Palesa & Crystal on social media. I always wondered what kind of women they are. To my delight they are both very kind people who made time for all our questions and wanting to take pictures. I asked them all sorts of questions and they were more than happy to oblige.

One of my questions was where is theduodesk going? What’s the intent? What can we expect? Their vision is an online publication that will be a source of style & beauty advice for women. I for one is looking forward to it. For more on the duodesk check out their social media handles @newhipisterstyle @simplypalesa @theduodesk.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *