13 April 2015

Birthdays / Thrifted / Vintage Love

Hi guys. I hope everyone had a great weekend. My birthday is coming up next week Monday. I am not big on birthdays and going all out to celebrate. In fact in all my life I have never had a birthday party. Yes friends have gathered for a plate & a few drinks but never have I had a formal set up with invitations etc. My family has never been big on celebrating such. I guess my mother was more focused on getting us fed and to school. Anyway this year is no different; I will be a work & posting something fabulous on the blog.

My friend Sebabatso although said something profound to me earlier this year. She made me aware that birthdays are actually new years to everyone. Its literally the time of the year where you can make resolutions or evaluate where you have been in the past year. From this year onwards that is how I will view my b-days, as a new year to yet thank the Lord for another blessing.

This Monday outfit is inspired by my love for vintage things. I love how an old item like this dress can have a new lease on life. To think that someone owned it and took care of it & I get the chance to do the same makes me happy. Have a productive week.

Dress is from the flee market at the Cape Town Parade, bag I got from a thrift shop. Shoes are from fashion express.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *