4 May 2015

Winter Beauty Splurge/ Current Favourites

Hi guys. Today was an absolute nightmare. Living in Cape Town and commuting with public transport can be nightmarish. I got mugged and the guy took my phone. I survived the ordeal unharmed but I have no phone. I cried some & swore some & shopped even more & I am ohk. Life is short & I am still blessed to live mine.

Anyways I have become somewhat of a lip care and colour fanatic. I have become obsessed.

I grew up in a village and there was always this notion that said  “wild women” from the city are the lipstick wearing type or the ones that have dyed hair. I never got around to understanding what wildness these babes got up to. Anyways I never explored this part of beauty for a while. I think I went through all of varsity without ever purchasing lipstick. Yes I had lip glosses but never  fiery red or orange lips. “Turn down for whom” is my new motto when it comes to lip & hair colour. I haven’t spread my wings that far with hair; but lips oh yeah I’m in deep.

Mathahle Stofile who is my beauty crush motivated this in me to explore more beauty products. I currently love MAC ,Elizabeth Arden & Yardley lip products.

First is the Lush Lip Scrub. I tend to have dry lips that chap throughout the year. In winter it’s a total new drama because they crack till they hurt with the Cape rains & winds. I love this scrub. I use it to exfoliate my lips when they get naughty and I swear I swallow it too. It tastes like sugar and smells so lovely. I also got a body scrub nje just for control, LOL


The Elizabeth Arden eight hour cream has saved my lips for winters. I have used the tube for about 2 years now and I love it. I recently bought the lipstick version of it because I use clutch bags many of the times and it’s just a better fit. Plus the lipstick version had added colour which is nice to give an update for winter. But having just the tube is the same & is friendlier on the pocket.

They also have a range of matte lipsticks and I have been trying it for a while and so far so good. It moisturises well without giving me the shine which is not my thing.

MAC lipsticks have become a daily part of my routine in many ways. My favourite is the Purple heroine colour and the Red Ruby Woo. I love matte lipsticks and they do the trick for me. I also tried blush for the 1st time because I thought why not have a bit of colour on my cheeks for dull winter days.

My latest discovery is the Yardley liquid matte range. Oh my am I excited to have met thee. I love how it’s easy to apply with its liquid feel and then a few minutes later its like I am wearing matte lipstick. The colours are very intense which is also a plus for me and the price is reasonable. It also lasts for hours & I don’t have to worry about updating it during a crazy work schedule.

What are some of your favourite products? Recommend winter savers that can save a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *