28 June 2015

Thrifted Monday/ Suits & All

Hi guys. I love vintage/ second hand/ Thrift shopping. I just gives me great pleasure to get items at such a low price. I shop at various places. My latest finds being vintage markets held around Cape Town monthly. They have provided me with a new source of shopping & a happy place.

I bought this suit at one such market. It’s a bit big & I took it anyways. One, I knew I can alter it to fit me to perfection. Two, it was really cheap. Three not all things come to you in perfection. You must tweak things a bit here & there to make it work for you.

I suggest to people who also love thrift shopping to buy things that are not a perfect fit at that moment. Take them to a tailor & get them altered. If it’s a really unique piece you really love, get it & make it your own. If it’s a coat or leather product & other items that are not easy to alter, I say think more carefully & have a plan.

Here & Here & Here are some links to Vintage Markets around Cape Town.

Luckily Cape Town weather was forgiving on the day of the shoot. Happy thrift shopping.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *