31 March 2015

Bokeh Fashion Film Festival

The Bokeh fashion film festival (BFFF) was held this past weekend at the African Pride on Orange Hotel. I read about the BFFF last week while trolling fashion sites & blogs. I was not really sure what to expect at the event, nevertheless I saw there would be a talk on “The power of fashion blogging”. My Saturday was instantly stolen & I made my way there. The setting was impeccable and I attended during the day, it was not that packed so I got space & time to explore. 

I must say I expected more media presence and more industry players. I like to meet people with the same interests so that I can learn from them and exchange ideas.
Yes there were gorgeously dressed people but only a few caught my lens. Anyway the talk on the power of fashion blogging came up & I was ready to take notes. The talk was more a sharing ideas session as opposed to one person doing a presentation. The CEO of the Cape Town Fashion Council (ctfc) hosted the event with a panel of bloggers and other industry players. I won't dwell on who said what but what I got out of it was that as bloggers we have the power to influence. Basically you have a platform that you created where your rules are the only thing that matters and you should use that well. My blog started as a place just to save memories and a place to share my style with friends. But as the blogs grows I want to do more. I need to do more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *